Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Technology Related...

Here's my technology related post. Just the act of typing this post relates directly to technology. It's amazing that we are even able to do the 23 things in these discovery exercises. Technology has both complicated and organized our lives - if that makes any sense... I suppose that with most anything good, you are forced to take the bad.

I am an avid user of Photoshop, so I'll discuss that program for a moment. You've seen the effects of Photoshop if you've ever looked at a magazine cover, movie poster, or company logo. The possibilities are endless and the program certainly has enough tools to keep a person learning about its capabilities for years. You can take a portrait/headshot of a regular person (like me) and transform them into a supermodel in less than 30 minutes. True, this technology has done its share to perpetuate the false norms of beauty and perfection, but it can also help you feel less critical about your own pictures after you remove the blemishes! :) The one big downside to this program is its cost.... upwards of $500 for the new version. ImaginOn does own the program, but unfortunately the program is on the computers in The Loft which are reserved for children aged age 12-18 - and I am not allowed to use it. I have Photoshop Elements 4.0 which is an abbreviated version that suits my needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home