Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hello MP3 Player!!!!!!

I'm getting an mp3 player.. na nanny boo boo... I suppose you are too though, if you're reading this. I enjoyed this series. I do feel like offering this as something that was not mandatory but had a great reward was a great approach. I have a unique outlook on this because at the beginning of the program I worked in a branch where I was allowed (even scheduled!!) time to work on Learning 2.0 each week. Then, about half way through I transferred into a position at a branch where NONE of the employees in the department could work on Learning 2.0 at work because the branch was so busy (and no computer availability, etc). I can see both sides of the coin now. It really isn't completely fair for those employees that did not have the opportunity not to participate because the logistics of doing this on "company time" weren't possible and doing the complete project after hours on company computers was also not possible. Yes, I enjoyed the program - I learned a few very useful things and spent a lot of time "meeting the requirements" doing tasks that I already knew or didn't like - but it was definitely worth it. I do feel like activities like this one will increase employee tech knowledge, and that's what it's all about.

2 Comments:

Blogger HeleneB said...

Congrautlations on completing the program. I'm pleased to here that some locations were able to find time to schedule it. At others I know time and resources are tight, but there were many branches that found ways to rise above these challenges by logging into back office Circ PCs with general staff logins that gave them internet access (yes, your branch has these too!) Anyway, with 4 weeks left still in the program, there's still time for staff at your new location to jump in and participate too!

Thanks again for joining in the fun. That MP3 player is on its way

8:10 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm sorry that you were not given time to do this. That's too bad. Especially when so many other locations worked together to give everyone time.

I'm glad you finished and I've enjoyed following along with you on this journey!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home