Thursday, August 10, 2006

Introduction & Interests

For those of you who know me, you know that I'd rather be taking pictures than anything else. I wish it paid the bills! If anyone who reads this is a photographer and needs an apprentice - I'm your guy! I am currently building a portfolio and need more experience photographing people and events. If you have a person or event that needs photographing and you might not have a photographer otherwise - contact me. I would most likely be willing to do the work for next to nothing and only charge for printing. I am also working on an online gallery of my more recent work. If you would like to take a look, click the following link or copy and paste to your web browser's navigation bar: www.pbase.com/christopherthompson (yes, it's appropriate to view on library computers - as long as you're on break!)
Don't you agree that the library system should have its own resident photographer - a true way to scrapbook our past activities, archive our past, promote our progress, improve our websites, and instruct small workshops? I would create this job as an branch of the IT department, and would even be okay with it being a part time position. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that its creation is contingent on me taking the position. If you're in a position to create said job, contact me! :)

I have also added further information on the "about me" section of this blog

1 Comments:

Blogger Salad Days said...

Yes, I agree that the library system should have its own resident photographer. However, it seems a better fit with the Communications department, rather than IT. Which department do people call when they need library photographs? Not the IT Department. (Believe me, I know.)

What is your current job at the library, Chris? Email me.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home