Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First-ever Blog

Welcome to my first-ever blog! I'm sure this is every bit as exciting for you as it is for me. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Chris Thompson and I am a Library Assistant at ImaginOn as well as a full-time college student. After five successful years in the aviation industry as a flight crew instructor, I made the decision to return to school full time to complete my degree. A year later, and almost a junior, I still have no clue what I want to do. Most likely, I will not use my degree, but will instead be a photographer. At any rate, working at the library affords me the ability to concentrate on school, and pay some bills.

For this week's Learning 2.0, I reviewed the 7 1/2 habits of highly successful lifelong learners. The easiest of these 7 1/2 habits for me was: "Use technology as an advantage" ! I am an avid user of the internet (except blogs), and can quickly and easily find exactly what I need. I have taught many other coworkers the importance of this technology in the workplace by demonstrating its effectiveness. On the flip side, the most difficult habit for me was: "have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner." I know that I don't give myself the credit I deserve in many cases. Through these activities I hope to work on changing this terrible injustice! Although I was not asked, my favorite habit: "Play!" Why, you ask? Because it's FUN, and when something is fun we are much more inclined to LEARN.

This blog account will be used for PLCMC Learning 2.0 - More to come... must shelve books now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home